Economy of the region
About the Region
The main share in the volume of industrial production of Murmansk Region belongs to mining industry and metallurgy, fishing industry:
- «Kolsk Mining and Metallurgical Company» JSC (Monchegorsk, Zapolyarniy, Nickel) — production of nickel and refined copper;
- «Apatit» JSC (Apatity, Kirovsk) — production of apatite and nepheline concentrates;
- «Northwestern Phosphoric Company» JSC (Koashva, Kirovsky district) - production of apatite and nepheline concentrates;
- «Kovdorsky Mining and Processing Integrated Plant» JSC — production of apatite, baddeleyite and iron ore concentrates;
- Subsidiary of «SUAL" JSC "KAZ-SUAL"» (Kandalaksha) — production of primary aluminum;
- «Olenegorsky GOK» JSC (Olenegorsk) - production of iron ore concentrate;
- «Murmansk Trawler Fleet» JSC (Murmansk) — fishing industry.
Projects on creation of new and modernizations of existing operating industrial enterprises are held. For example, construction of a mining enrichment integrated plant «Oleniy ruchey» («Northwestern Phosphoric Company» JSC) and development of platinoids field of «Fedorova Tundra» («Fedorovo Risorses» JSC).
On the territory of «82 SZR» JSC (Roslyakovo urban-type settlement) it is planned to create a modern coastal base with the developed transport infrastructure and possibility of compact placement of objects necessary for effective and timely development of the shelf. The initiator of the project is «Rosneft» JSC.
It is possible to look at the list of industrial and investment platforms of Murmansk Region on the investments map.
Foreign investors do business in Murmansk region for a long time. For example, Norwegian companies work in oil and gas sphere, logistics, tourism, fishing industry:
|Parameter ||2011 ||2012 ||2013
|Index of industrial production (%)
|Volume of investment into fixed capital (billion rubles)
|Coefficient of fixed assets updating (%)
|Turnover of products(services) made by small enterprises, including microenterprises, and individual enterprises (thousand rubles)
The governor of the Murmansk region
From January 1, 2019, amendments to the Tax Code of the Russian Federation come into force, giving employers the right to take into account the costs of tourist vouchers for Russia for employees when calculating income tax.
n addition, in the course of full-time training modules, the problems of interdepartmental cooperation between state and municipal authorities in initiating and developing projects in the field of PPP were discussed, as well as program participants familiarized themselves with the practical aspects of financial structuring and developing a financial model of the project, features of competitive selection of private partners, post- competitive negotiations, tax and budgetary aspects on the example of concession agreements and PPP agreements. In addition, participants familiarized themselves with the methods of evaluating the effectiveness and justifying the comparative advantage.