Economy of the region
About the Region
The main share in the volume of industrial production of Murmansk Region belongs to mining industry and metallurgy, fishing industry:
- «Kolsk Mining and Metallurgical Company» JSC (Monchegorsk, Zapolyarniy, Nickel) — production of nickel and refined copper;
- «Apatit» JSC (Apatity, Kirovsk) — production of apatite and nepheline concentrates;
- «Northwestern Phosphoric Company» JSC (Koashva, Kirovsky district) - production of apatite and nepheline concentrates;
- «Kovdorsky Mining and Processing Integrated Plant» JSC — production of apatite, baddeleyite and iron ore concentrates;
- Subsidiary of «SUAL" JSC "KAZ-SUAL"» (Kandalaksha) — production of primary aluminum;
- «Olenegorsky GOK» JSC (Olenegorsk) - production of iron ore concentrate;
- «Murmansk Trawler Fleet» JSC (Murmansk) — fishing industry.
Projects on creation of new and modernizations of existing operating industrial enterprises are held. For example, construction of a mining enrichment integrated plant «Oleniy ruchey» («Northwestern Phosphoric Company» JSC) and development of platinoids field of «Fedorova Tundra» («Fedorovo Risorses» JSC).
On the territory of «82 SZR» JSC (Roslyakovo urban-type settlement) it is planned to create a modern coastal base with the developed transport infrastructure and possibility of compact placement of objects necessary for effective and timely development of the shelf. The initiator of the project is «Rosneft» JSC.
It is possible to look at the list of industrial and investment platforms of Murmansk Region on the investments map.
Foreign investors do business in Murmansk region for a long time. For example, Norwegian companies work in oil and gas sphere, logistics, tourism, fishing industry:
|Parameter ||2011 ||2012 ||2013
|Index of industrial production (%)
|Volume of investment into fixed capital (billion rubles)
|Coefficient of fixed assets updating (%)
|Turnover of products(services) made by small enterprises, including microenterprises, and individual enterprises (thousand rubles)
The governor of the Murmansk region
November 22, 2018 in Moscow, as part of the implementation of the main event“ Development of the production of composite materials (composites) and products from them” of the state program of the Russian Federation “Development of industry and increasing its competitiveness” commissioned and supported by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation Union of Composites Manufacturers holds the 12th International Conference“ Composite Materials: production, application, market trends. ”
From November 12 to 18, the 11th World Entrepreneurship Week (hereinafter- GNP) will be held, which takes place annually in the third week of November in 170 countries of the world.
In Russia, GNP was launched in 2007 on the initiative of "the Center for Entrepreneurship", and for the 7th year has passed with the support of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation.